Friday, April 24, 2009

Seeing Things

So I went to pick up my glasses today, and to make sure they fit I tried them on. Let me back up 3 weeks before, the Dr. ordered progressive lens, transition lens and I decided to get a decent frame. *cough cough* $300. So I slipped them on to make sure that they didn't need adjusting. WHOAAAAAAHHH. DA HELL!!!!!!! I couldn't see ISH....

The poor sales girl did her best to explain that it was progressive lens and that they take a little getting used to. LIKE HELL they do. Coupled with the fact that I looked like a bag lady today (I didn't care, cause I was sick), now I am blind too.

Big Puss was laughing because of the look on my face, he said it looked good but I should take it back if I couldn't see. Anyway, I decided to take the girls' advice and give it a two week adjusting period. I was cussing up a storm "I can't see ish and Imma take these frigging things back.

So I got on the computer to do a little research on progressive lens, and lo and behold there it was in black and white. "There are 3 areas of the progressive lens, the top for distance, the middle for computer use and the bottom for readin" It went on to say it takes a while for the eye to adjust to this type of lens.....IT CAN CAUSE DIZZINESS AND HEADACHE.....NO SH*T...great.... no wonder I had a pounding headache (just what I needed with my allergy attack) , well it also said that I should wait till the morning to try it that way my eye are fresh and hadn't gotten use to any glasses yet..........we will see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment