Sunday, May 3, 2009

Making bread and Kicking debt where it hurts

Haha! got yah...you all thought I meant money? Noooo, I meant bread that you eat. I will be making my own bread ..............LOL..........me, making bread..... ROFL. Don't get me wrong I can bake, I just never attempted bread. I will update you on that later.

So in keeping with cheap *wheeze* frugal living.....I decide to start making my own bread. I also spend money on a whim, and need to tighten the belt a little better.

I need a good ass whooping for letting my finances get out of hand. Apart from my student loan (crying for help with this one) I practically owe nothing ($1700.00). Last year I launched an all hell war with the cc companies and got that monkey off my back.

While I may no longer have looming cc debts, I still have my student loan. I have stared at it for a year now, trying to figure out how is God's name am I gonna put a dent in this bad boy.

So the first thing I did was as for a deferment, which I got for one year. One year might not seem like a lot, but while I am not an expert I am rolling up my sleeve to kick their butt as well.

So backtrack 7 years ago, I left my job to go to college. I didn't think about the bills I wasn't gonna be able to pay, I just jump in head first. Well, I landed head first on a rock..........yeah it hurt. Not only I had cc debts that was mounting, I also had a bill with IRS *blink*. No biggie, right? wrong. However, I found a job at a retail store and started paying the bills off. Oh the interest and the late fees were killing me. Long story short....I used my student loans to climb out of the debt hence my student loans now. Not a very good idea, but it beats being dragged to court to be embarrassed.

Okay so fast forward 2009, I am almost done with $1,700 still owing.....not bad huh!. Yeah but it was hard work. So, this money I will start to budget and save more, and I started with bread. Oh btw, my bread is finished and delicious if I might say so myself. It was soft and chewy, like I had just purchased it from the bakery.

puss: "mommy"

me: "yes puss"

puss: "good bread"

awww, I blushed for the second time today (tell you more about the first time later)

Since I buy organic bread, I saved $4.75 on a loaf of bread.........yaay me? Hmmm what else can I save on by making myself....and oh I shopped my own pantry as it was so simple, the only thing I bought was a packet of yeast for $0.89. I am off to make another one as yes you can guess, Big puss and little puss tore it up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment